|Colorado Salt Products is an equal opportunity employer, and we would like to hear from you. CSP is a chemical operation in the business of manufacturing and distribution of hydrochloric acid, caustic soda, and sodium hypochlorite.
We are a vibrant organization with a strong culture built on the basis of respect for human values
The following position is available as of Jan 2017
Chemical Plant Operator
We are looking for a responsible individual to fill the position of Chemical Plant Operator, where responsibilities will include sustaining the following operations at the CSP’s Denver location:
- Monitor recording instruments, flowmeters, panel lights and other indicators and listen for warning signals, in order to verify conformity of process conditions.
- Control or operate chemical processes or systems of machines, using panelboards, control boards or semi-automatic equipment.
- Record operating data such as process conditions, test results and instrument readings.
- Communicate with technical and supervisory personnel to report or resolve conditions affecting safety, efficiency and product quality.
- Draw samples of products and conduct quality control tests in order to monitor processing and to ensure that standards are met.
- Interact with customers while delivering products in bulk volumes
- Regulate or shut down equipment in emergency situations, as directed by supervisory personnel.
- Start pumps to regulate the flow of brine, caustic and other chemicals.
- Interpret results of chemical analysis and review laboratory reports for process adjustments.
- Monitor work areas to ensure that levels, temperatures, and critical parameters are within specified parameters
- One to two years’ experience in a chemical plant, lab environment or equivalent experience
- Willingness to operate on a rotating shift schedule
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Understanding of pumps, valves, and instrumentation
- Basic understanding of the chemical properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques and disposal methods.
- Understanding of computer hardware and software.
- Understanding of relevant equipment, policies, and procedures to promote safe operations
Wages: $20.00/hour to $32.00/hour, depending on experience
- Medical PPO with employer contribution.
- Dental and vision coverage for employee paid by the employer.
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (sick and vacation) accrued incrementally
Pre-employment testing, drug screen, and physical exam required.
Relocation assistance is not available.
No third party resumes, please.
Colorado Salt Products is an equal opportunity employer
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please e-mail your resume in confidence to
Ms. Kaylie Adams at Kadams@coloradosaltproducts .com
or by mail to:
Colorado Salt Products LLC, 3910 Joliet Street, Denver, CO, 80239 Attn: Kaylie Adams